[thelist] Re: digital camera

Postmaster postmaster at worldradiosearch.com
Fri Nov 23 17:13:00 CST 2001

Hi, Erika !

Well, you`ve got allot of advice here at the list, but I do feel the subject
are very subjective.

I would advice you to first get the amount your department are willing to
spend on a camera.
Next would be to take a trip to a nearby shop to look at some cameras
"live".
Use your time there and test the cameras in some of the situations you would
use it for.
Collect prices for the range they have.

When you` re back at the office; read thru all the mails from the list, and
check the links you`ve got.
Take a trip to different shopping portals and check the price on different
models you are interested in.

Bear in mind that service and guarantees are essential, so it may be more
value in one that have the
best offer on this. Think long term.

When it comes to zoom and flash on digital cameras; I have to tell you that
it is only the most expensive ones
that deliver this at a acceptable level of quality. Most cameras deliver a
effective flash range at max 3m and
optical zoom up to 10m. If you want a camera that delivers better than this;
you have to grab a pro camera.

You may want balance your money between the price on the camera and a extra
memorycard.
Most of the cameras are delivered with a 8mb or 16mb memorycard. Since you
are gonna
use it for the web; you `ll use picturesize of 640x480. A 8mb card will give
you  100 pict and a 16mb about 200 pict.
You may say that this covers your need, but my advice would be to get a hold
of a extra card at the same time
you buy your camera. You`ll get a better deal on it and go for a 32mb card
while you`re at it.
Everyone who has a camera knows that thay always have too little memoryspace
when they need it.

Hope this helps,
Roy H