[thelist] How To Set Mac Wallpaper

Frank framar at interlog.com
Sat Nov 24 17:04:22 CST 2001

>  Is there a way to set your desktop wallpaper directly
>  from a Mac browser, similar to the Windows right-click,
>  "Set as Wallpaper" feature? I know you can save the
>  image and then set your background with the Appearance
>  control panel, but I was just wondering if there was a
>  quicker way.

The desktop image, as wallpaper is referred to on the Mac side,
cannot be set directly by the browser. There are a number of things
that could do to facilitate that, but it would require deliberate
efforts on the part of the end user.

I don't know if this applies to Mac OS X.

[Tangent] One might curse the this particular lack of direct
integration between program and OS that Windows has, it's side
benefit is that of increased security.

--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com