[thelist] Name That Technique?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 24 19:10:25 CST 2001

> From: Matt Wenham <matt at mattwenham.co.uk>
[...]
> > exactly what's the context?  in Photoshop, there's an "extract"
> > feature that does what tools like Corel KnockOut does...
>
> That's the ticket, yes... anyone aware of any freeware apps to do it
> for complex cases, or is it about time I wrote one??

er, no, haven't heard of any freeware apps...

but if you've got a need for a client, then $300 for Corel KnockOut
might not be too bad if you can bill part of it back and use it for
other projects... you can find out more info at (framed content
page):
http://www.procreate.com/product/knockout.html

too bad you didn't grab KnockOut 1.5 when it was $129... although
you might be able to find it out there somewhere...