[thelist] CF: cflocation/cfcookie workaround

Frank framar at interlog.com
Mon Nov 26 06:00:09 CST 2001

>  Argh! It came and bit me on the butt today. Does anyone
>  know if there is a work around for the bug in Cold
>  Fusion server 4.5x that makes cflocation and cfcookie
>  incompatible? I can't afford to trust the user to be
>  using javascript on this function.

>  OR

>  Is there a reliable way to expire the CFID and CFTOKEN
>  cookies that may not involve cfcookie? Note: simply
>  setting them to '' or deleteClientVariable() makes lots
>  of things break.

OK: Found one javascript-free work around:

Set or delete your cookies, then use CFHTMLHEAD to add a meta-refresh
to the page, as such:

<!--- Delete the cookies --->
    <cfcookie name="CFID" value="value" expires="now">
    <cfcookie name="CFTOKEN" value="value" expires="now">

<!--- Add a meta refresh to the head --->
    <cfhtmlhead text='<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;TheNewPage.html">'>

This strikes me as one big-ass mother of a kludge. I still welcome
alternative/better solutions.

--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com