[thelist] ASP & Access - Using the same variable twice

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Mon Nov 26 13:24:12 CST 2001

+| 99% of
+| servers are, but i've run into one where the clock is
+| deliberately off by a
+| few hours on purpose (not sure why, perhaps so that when you
+| ftp a file,
+| you always get the warning message about there being a more
+| recent file
+| on the server, are you sure you want to overwrite?)

That site must have some very keen admins who are _very_ concerned about you
overwriting some precious file that you painstakingly crafted... and don't
want calls in the middle of the night with a exasperated voice on the other
side: "OAAHHH MAAHH GAAWWDDD!! I just overwrote my file on my account... Do
you think you could do a restore for me?"

<rory disposition="must have been there, too" alt="8)"/>

<tip type="ColdFusion Regular Expressions" author="rory">

ColdFusion supports regular expressions, but the documentation does not. (At
least in versions < 5.0)

A great resource is http://www.houseoffusion.com/RegEx.ppt which is,
unfortunately, an ms powerpoint file. There is a free powerpoint viewer,
though: http://www.microsoft.com/office/000/viewers.htm

</tip>