[thelist] is it possible to test Mac IE on PC (ie Windows)?

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Mon Nov 26 16:55:47 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maryanna Nesina" <mar at MN1052.srv.pu.ru>
Subject: [thelist] is it possible to test Mac IE on PC (ie Windows)?

> What I really should like to know  -  if it is possible to test Mac
> applications not on Mac
> I'm especially interesting in testing JavaScript code on Mac IE using IBM
PC
> ?
> Should be grateful for any suggestions

You could try Basilisk II from http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bauec002/B2Main.html
which is a 68k Mac emulator by Christain Bauer (also responsible for
SheepShaver, and the legendary ShapeShifter for the Amiga).

Then you need a MacOS disk image and a MacOS ROM image. The disk image
shouldnt be too tricky to find, but the ROM image is harder. Suffice to say
that you either need an actual Mac to read the image off, or else you need
to resort to err.. other methods :-)

HTH,

Olly
- www.gnarly-bitches.co.uk -