[thelist] Handling heavy traffic.

roland dunn roland at nykris.com
Wed Nov 28 11:52:09 CST 2001

Wonder if people could possibly help. We will hopefully be building a
website for a client, for a promotional campaign, and will therefore be
backed by fairly heavy media coverage. Consequently we estimate that at its
peak it will be experiencing 90 simultaneous unique users/minute.

We will have control over platform and hosting. Database probably Oracle as
we've used that before. We'd plan to use one small webserver and a large
Oracle DB together with failover machines. Has anyone got any
thoughts/opinions on what a sensible architecture is for such a site?

Cheers Roland.