[thelist] Re: Adding diff search engines to one combo box.

MRC webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Wed Nov 28 17:11:52 CST 2001

.jeff,

> thank god ie6 doesn't support the non-standard <bgsound> tag.

    If only it were so! But you probably have the "Play sounds in web pages"
option unchecked in Internet Options -- I'm not sure what the factory
default is.

> nope, no childish wav files played in this house.

    Not just that it's a bgsound wav file, but that it seems intended to
frighten newbies into thinking that their PCs have been infected with a
virus -- a very senseless prank. This rates a zero for professionalism in my
book.
    A bit of a soapbox admonition for those who might entertain following
this example: think twice before letting your antagonism for a particular
software company or for a particular piece of software spill over into an
abuse of your audience. It ain't hip.

James Aylard