[thelist] Ftp problems [ot]

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 28 20:21:53 CST 2001

Ok I'm trying to setup a ftp server on my computer.

I tried IIS but that failed. I tried this War-FTP client program and it
seems to work sorta. It works for people on my internal network (we are
behind a router sharing the same line) and it works for people not
behind a firewall. But if someone is behind a firewall it won't work at
all. I'm also behind a firewall.

Any ideas/programs for making this work for someone behind a firewall to
access my files behind a firewall?

I've tried everything and nothing is working.

Thanks

ted

<tip type="css">
If your not using CSS yet in your designs, now would be a good time to
switch over. Recent statistics have shown like 80 or 90% + now (maybe
higher??) are using at least IE4 or better. And with the release of NN6,
the browsers that support basic CSS are at an extreme high.

So get rid of your font tags at least. And learn some CSS. Enjoy.
</tip>