[thelist] ASP question: Request.QueryString(variable) alternative needed.

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Thu Nov 29 10:38:20 CST 2001

April-

Have you tried doing this:

While Not RSFields.EOF
	If Request.QueryString(RSFields("FieldID")) = "yes" Then
		If RSFields("Tier") = 1 Then
			Response.Write "<h3>" & RSFields("Heading") & "</h3>"
		Else
			Response.Write "<br><h2>" & RSFields("Heading") & "</h2>"
		End If
		Response.Write RSFields("Body")
		RSFields.MoveNext
	End If
Wend

With .QueryString() you just have to pass it a string var, and there's no
need to use the & concatenation operand for that because this isn't a string
you're composing:

If Request.QueryString("" & FieldID & "") = "yes" Then

I also took out the extra variable assignment as it's redundant.  Let me
know how it turns out.  I didn't test it. ;)

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net