[thelist] Personalized "What's New"

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Thu Nov 29 13:43:40 CST 2001

Even though it competes w/ mine, I'll add another plug for Ben(and the
other authors) book. As for doing a What's New, instead of marking each
item the user looks at, simply record when a user logs on, and his last
logon. So, there would be two variables:

LastLogin
ThisLogin

On login, set LastLogin to ThisLogin, and ThisLogin to now.

Then, to see whats new, simply check for items edited > LastLogin.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus