[thelist] Multiple form entries in PHP...

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Fri Nov 30 08:43:10 CST 2001

> >Since you're resetting the value of the same vatriable each time, it
> >makes sense that you're only able to see the value of the last one,
> >since that's the value of the variable at the time the rest of the
> >page loads.
>
> Oh, very poor, in ASP it would give you a comma delimited list!

Wouldn't that be bad? If you had two text fields and the user entered:

Text1: Raymond,Camden
Text2: Jedimaster

You would get

Raymond,Camden,Jedimaster

You would have no idea which field contained what. I'd rather just get
"jedimaster." That would at least clue me in pretty quickly that I had a
problem with the form.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus