[thelist] CF: Server doesn't send spooled mail.

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Fri Nov 30 11:53:30 CST 2001

Hi Frank,

> Is there a way of forcing CFServer to feed the spool to my emailer?

<cfmail> is a wonky beast.  There are much more reliable and and effecient ways to send mail with ColdFusion, particularly if you are sending any more than a few emails at a time.

Check out the following article by Evolt's very own Scott Dexter:

Using files to send emails with IIS
http://www.evolt.org/article/x/17/3419/index.html

The premise of the article is using ASP to send properly formatted text files to the outqueue of IIS' SMTP server, but much of the concepts hold true for all web application platforms and email servers.

I wrote a well-commented custom tag based on Scott's article awhile back.  You are welcome to download it, use it and abuse it, change it to suit your needs, whatever.
http://sethbienek.com/dfwcfug/cf_maildrop.zip

Take Care,

Seth