[thelist] PHP Headers already sent error

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Fri Nov 30 13:41:51 CST 2001

If you are outputing anything to the client (i.e. print, echo, etc.) then
you cannot print a header because they have already been sent to the client
(this happens right before you echo your content).  Check your functions to
make sure you're not printing/echoing/etc. (I often find old debugging code
that gets me on this one).

You can edit your php.ini file to allow for headers to be sent after
outputing content by enabling buffering (similar to Response.Buffer = true
in ASP) by changing this line:

output_buffering = On|Off

Choose on if you wish to enable this.  There are probably some other
considerations to make before doing this though, such as server resources
and what-not.

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net