[thelist] HTML Formatting/HTML Compliance (Script Tag)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Fri Nov 30 14:01:15 CST 2001

On 10:07 AM 11/30/2001, Burhan Khalid said to me:
>Wouldn't it be intersting if the parser were to comment out the rest of
>your script! I say, use external js files, and avoid this mess.

True, but, it isn't always possible and, besides, the same rule applies to
sometimes you *have* to use <style> tags instead of importing the
stylesheet using the <link> tag (i.e., you want to use @import "whatever.css").

So, you could use the same trick this way:

<!-- <![CDATA[
   @import "whatever.css";
]]> -->

--Ben