[thelist] Re: Search Engines

Alliax damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 2 16:32:17 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns <skaiser1 at skdesigns.com>
> Your attack is totally out of line, uncalled for, and I refuse to have a
> spam attack with you. Any further e-mail from you will go into my trash bin
> unless you choose to apologize, as I won't tolerate such rude e-mail from
> anyone.

IMHO of a lurker, you are being too posh here.
Your correspondant took some of his time to write to you, it was not a BIG
attack, and if you're so offended, then don't respond.. it's way better than do
a selfish answer like the one you did.
Sorry to say that, I suppose you won't tolerate any more email from me as I
won't apologize for expressing my thoughts.

<tip>
In web design, there's something largely unexploited, it's the fundamental
difference with print, ie: computational power on the server/client sides.
Then use it! More and more it's being used on server side for dynamic data, on
the client side for interfaces (javascript, flash, ..)
But what about using it in the design of the form of your pages?
Web design doesn't have to be fixed, and chosen by designers, like on printed
material, or video.
Use randomness, or better, controlled randomness, to choose the colours of your
pages background, of your texts, to choose the layout of information.. images,
music, anything.
Since you can produce multiples versions of a same idea, then use randomness to
display those alternatives versions, instead of going on choosing for people in
your quality of designers.
Let the randomness do its job :-)
 </tip>