[thelist] Variable Stylesheets?

Alastair Murdoch alastair at cubeit.co.uk
Mon Dec 3 05:08:33 CST 2001

content type in ASP is:

Response.ContentType = "text/css"

so not much different from cf or php :)

cheers

alastair

 -------------------------------
A l a s t a i r   M u r d o c h
c o n s u l t a n t  @  c u b e

    [t:]  01292 27 00 99
    [m:]  07974 323 551
    [w:] www.cubeit.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Lachlan Cannon
Sent: 03 December 2001 10:57
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Variable Stylesheets?

Yes, ALA has it's own version of this sort of, the style
switcher by Paul Sowden, but that just selects between
stylesheets already made, to give total control to the
user, you need server side scripting. Or user style sheets,
but seriously... how many users are going to know how to
use them?
The one bonus about ALAs approach is you can select
preferred designs, and let them choose between them,
whereas giving the user total control, even if only over
colours, could be rather messy. It's all up to the designer
really.

Oh yeah, and I don't know how to set the content-type
header in ASP (though I do in Cold fusion now, pity I don't
know any other Cold fusion), to do it in PHP is
header("Content-type: text/css");
pretty logical, really.

Lachlan Cannon
{Luminosity