[thelist] Variable Stylesheets?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Dec 3 10:21:17 CST 2001

"lon.kraemer" wrote:

> > I've been doing this (in JSP, not ASP) for the last year and a half,
> > though with the minor difference that instead of using the LINK tag
> > I write the style section directly into the page (using includes).
>
> Wouldn't this impede the implementation/advantage of caching?

How big's a style sheet (typically)? -- adding a few hundred bytes
to each page doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

I thought the benefit of external style sheets was maintainability -
the fact that a browser can cache a stylesheet just offset the added
network load ...

? Am I totally off base here?
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --