[thelist] CSS Probs with Links

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Mon Dec 3 16:40:39 CST 2001

At 02:20 PM 12/03/2001, you wrote:
>Hi Folks ...
>
>I've got a problem that is probably staring me right in the face, but I
>can't find it.
>
>Here's the site:
>http://sormehbeauty.on.ca/
>
>The links on the main page and on the side bar should not be BOLD.  They
>are.  :( ...  They should be inheriting the class="menu" .. whereby I've not
>set the links to bold.  Do I need to set them to anything if I don't want
>them bold?  Is that the problem?

Michele, I see that on your link tags that you've designated them to be
bold text.

/* -- MAIN CONTENT LINKS -- */
a:link {
text-decoration : none ;
font-weight : bold ;
color : #A04410 ;
}

a:visited {
text-decoration : none ;
color : #A04410 ;
font-weight : bold ;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration : underline ;
color : #663300 ;
font-weight : bold ;
}
a:active {
text-decoration : none ;
color : #663300 ;
font-weight : bold ;
}

So, I'd suggest removing the font-weight:bold attribute from your link tags
and try that. If you want other ones to be bold, then just designate a
class for those.

>Or am I just entirely missing something else, and the inheritance problems
>are stemming from the use of <ul>,<li> instead?

I think it's just the above link tags, so see if that's it. You might check
other tags to make sure they're not accidentally designated as bold, too,
but your <ul> and <li> were OK, and so was the menu tag.

HTH.

Warmly,
Shirley