[thelist] ASP Array

Josh Feingold joshfeingold at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 12:02:19 CST 2001

I am trying to create a search engine for my company's Intranet and have hit
a wall.

Basically, the information about each page is stored in a database.  The
search information provided by the user is matched to the database and each
page is given a score.  This score is then put into an VB array (I am using
ASP) where the key is the row number from the database (which represents the
page) and the item is score.

The question I have is how to sort this information by highest score so I
can display the results.  Most of the sort functions I have seen won't work
since they rearrange the key when they sort.  If I lose the key I loose the
connection from the score back to the page.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh