[thelist] secure certs

Keith cache at dowebs.com
Tue Dec 4 14:22:58 CST 2001

Don't know if this has been covered recently so I thought I'd pass it on. I just
had to replace a secure SSL certificate and discovered that Verisign's
monopoly has finally been broken in spite of their M$ style attempts to buy
out competitors when their patent expired.
Got a 128 bit cert for $99 and from the time I generated the request to the
time I installed the new cert was less than 2 minutes!!
It's chained on the Thawte Certificate Authority and signed through Equifax
so all 128 bit browsers will treat it just like any CA chained RSA cert.
http://www.geotrust.com
keith