[thelist] Web Certifications??

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 19:18:21 CST 2001

> From: malcolm at manlikemalcolm.net
>
> I am thinking of becoming certified as some sort of "web
> professional". Can anyone tell me which are the most valuable or
> highly recommended? The local university here offers a  "CIW"
> certificate program
[...]

i've never hired somebody with a certification in web stuff (not that i
was trying not to or otherwise, it's just an observation)...

in fact, if i see a certification on a resume, i tend to ignore it (not
actively, it just doesn't matter to me because ---)...

i use quizzes and interrogation to determine peoples' skill levels...
ultimately, most certifications are given by people or organizations
who, i've found, tend to be underqualified on their own, let alone to
be certifying anything...

but that's just me...