[thelist] When can the client keep the product as their own?

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Wed Dec 5 20:07:29 CST 2001

FayeC,

There are usually lots and lots of permutations of this theme.  Generally,
the contract itself will outline who owns what in a business relationship.
Most employee/employer contracts I've seen eventually say that anything the
employee produces belongs to the company or whoever the company gives it to.
The business/client contract can be different for every deal and is
completely up to whatever arrangements are made.  The savvier(is that a
word??) business person usually ends up owning the rights to the product,
unless it does not make sense for one person or the other to own it.

Does this answer your question?

-joshua