[thelist] PERL? - was [F2S Announcement]

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Thu Dec 6 09:37:03 CST 2001

Whoa Cool!!

Hey Dan,

Any chance of a "leg-up" for the linux-impaired among us - like me?
:-)

I've played with the mysql and php on meo - [wonderful stuff! - Thanks
MUCH!] - and I'm starting to get it to do what I want.

I'd really like to play with Perl too ...

Is there a short article or note or test file somewhere with a
step-by-step, ["make the shebang line look like this", "then store the
file in a directory called that"], that could get me going in Perl?

{As usual - I've already bought several books on Perl ... read a few of
them ... and I can get some baby stuff working in ActiveState Perl from
the command line -- but I have yet to get a net example working.}

Heck, I just may have the file extension wrong.

All I've gotten so far is permission and server errors:

http://members.evolt.org/ronl/cgi-bin/Perl1.cgi

http://members.evolt.org/ronl/cgi-bin/monkey.cgi

I figgered that meant I wasn't allowed to play with perl ... so I kinda
quit trying.

RonL.