[thelist] Can't get MySQL to run on Boot (was: Single install of PHP4, MySQL, Apache for Linux?)

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Dec 6 16:26:28 CST 2001

hi Chris!

in your mysql directory there'll be a folder called 'scripts'. look
in there for a file called 'mysql.server'. read it with 'more
mysql.server' in one virtual terminal / window and do what it says in
the other. :)

basically, you need to copy it to your /etc/rc.d folder (or similar,
depends on OS), and make symbolic links to rc0.d/S01mysql and
rc3.d/S80mysql. sorry, i've probably got the exact names wrong as i'm
working from memory. :)

HTH
andrew

--