[thelist] DSN-less conundrum and a lost reference . . .

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Dec 6 17:10:31 CST 2001

At 02:26 PM 12/6/2001, you wrote:

>There was a thread here, I think, a few months back that addressed two points:
>a)  what permissions need to be requested from the server admin; and
>b)  if no server changes allowed, what needs to be done to get ASP page to
>talk to an AccessXX database in the same - or child - directory on the web
>server.

First off here an example connection string for DNS-Less....

DB_String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=driveletter:\full\path\and\file\name.mdb;"

Second: You need to give the Web Server full read/write to the file and the
directory the file resides in.

HTH

----
Anthony Baratta