[thelist] Pay Pal - CDN Equivalent ?

Daryl Grant poojie at dccnet.com
Thu Dec 6 17:20:26 CST 2001

-----Original Message (Michele)-----

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a Canadian equivalent of
paypal?  I realize paypal now accepts international transfers, but it seems
rather silly to me to use paypal to deal with Canadian to Canadian funds.
(And, I've had a bad experience with paypal .. so, another solution would be
more to my liking.)

------------------------------------

I live in Vancouver, BC so I hear where you're coming from. It _would_ be
nice to have a Canadian alternative, but as far as I know there currently
isn't one. It's not a nice feeling being at the mercy of our Dollar value
for every transaction.

All told, the money transaction business is a tough nut to crack as far as
creating a successful business plan is concerned. On the whole PayPal has
done quite a good job of it (I found this article today -- thanks to
arstechnica.com -- about PayPal and how the company operates / what happens
to your cash: http://www.techreview.com/magazine/dec01/schwartz.asp ).

PS: What was your bad experience with PayPal?

Daryl