[thelist] Can't get MySQL to run on Boot (was: Single install of PHP4, MySQL, Apache for Linux?)

Dave Preston caffiend at simianbrotherhood.org
Thu Dec 6 17:38:21 CST 2001

No, of course not. I hate running a web, mail, and db server on a p150
with 64 Megs of ram.

Seriously though, that's a very subjective question, I prefer to know
what's going on under the hood and not have a bunch of bloated unneeded
crap running at all times.

umm, isn't there an rc.local file that you could just put

'/full/path/to/safe_mysqld &'

into?