[thelist] php vs asp

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Fri Dec 7 19:22:49 CST 2001

There is no such thing as normal circumstances, and you have managed to ask
the two most debated questions there are, in which web app server is best,
and the *nix vs Windows question. There is no blanket answer, just debates.
To answer your other question though, regardless of the platform, yes there
are differences between ASP and PHP when you hook them up to a SQL database.

I'm not going to touch the OS question, other than to say that the biggest
difference in speed between the *nix's and Windows is the speed at which you
to become proficient in either.

How about getting more specific with the questions before we start another
unnecessary flame war.

jon