[thelist] Best Practices for Web QA process

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Fri Dec 7 19:45:26 CST 2001

+| wondering if anyone had any good resources, processes, best
+| practices,
+| articles, etc. that might help everyone get up to speed and
+| into the idea
+| that testing is a major part of the dev cycle?

Hi Martin,

Joel has some good info on this...
(Joel also has a cheap [and probably good, since Joel eats his own dog food]
bug tracking DB, called FogBUGZ -- http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/)

The SEI is about the best source of info around on the Software Engineering
Lifecycle...
http://www.sei.cmu.edu/

TechRepublic has been collecting a wealth of valuable content...
http://www.techrepublic.com/article.jhtml?id=r00820011011loz01.htm&fromtm=e0
41

This is a good directory site...
http://www.softwareqatest.com/

And of course, there are the near-transcendent philosophies of "six-sigma",
TQM, Kaizen, and the lot.

Hmm... looking back, these are some good links... maybe I should figure out
how to contribute them to D.E.O. Anyone?

<rory disposition="so tired, I think I'm on autopilot" alt="|P"/>