[thelist] Weblog "help"

Jeremy Ashcraft ashcraft at 13monkeys.com
Sat Dec 8 01:05:36 CST 2001

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 14:42, Julia Frizzell wrote:

> So, all that said -- I was wondering if anyone could recommend
> another blog-type software bit to use, something I could maybe run on
> my own site instead of using someone else's server. I know HTML,
> that's all. Don't know php (but could maybe start learning) or perl
> or anything like that, so the simpler, the better.

If your web hosting company offers MySQL, you might be interested in
trying MyPHPblog ( http://myphpblog.sourceforge.net ).

<shameless self plug>
its a project i've been working on sparingly for the past 6 months.  it
started as a home grown replacement so I wouldn't have to use Blogger
anymore, and grew from there.  its got all the features you're probably
looking for, and will only get better as its a work in progress(but very
fast and stable).  I'd be happy to offer any help in getting it up and
running for you.  You can see it in action on my website at
http://www.webhack.com
</shameless self plug>

jeremy