[thelist] monitor color settings

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Sat Dec 8 22:38:05 CST 2001

I recently moved, and ever since the color on my monitor seems to be a
bit wacky.

By 'wacky' I mean the evolt.org homepage, which is usually a nice green
color is showing up brown, and a lot of other websites just look odd.

I've got a Viewsonic PS790 pro, which has served me well, but to be
honest, I know shit about monitors and their settings :)

So, I'm wondering if there is a way to 'reset' the colors on it or
something. I tried using the RGB settings, but every time I set it to
something that I think looks good, I come back an hour later and it
seems even more screwed up than before.. There's a lot of options with
the monitor hardware, like color/brightness, size/position, geometry,
tilt, viewmatch color, viewmeter/degauss, memory recall, video level,
and moire reduction(whatever that means).. Hopefully this doesn't seem
like to dumb a question, its just something I have zero knowledge in and
was hoping someone could help me out :)

Thanks!

.djc.