[thelist] Help with creating a drop shadow effect

Gerenday, Perry (P.) pgerenda at visteon.com
Tue Dec 11 12:40:10 CST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Forsythe Jr. [mailto:fuse at toto.net]

 > I have a potential site design idea.
 > http://www.mentalychallenged.com/design121101.png I was
 > wondering if there
 > was a way to create that drop shadow effect with out just
 > slicing the image
 > and inserting my text into it. I f any one could advise I
 > would greatly
 > appreciate it.

Hi Patrick,

I took a look at your site concept and was rather startled by the similarity
to my site:
www.virtually-artistic.com
I'm in the middle of a redesign but you can look at the first three pages to
see what I'm doing. The site is composed entirely of absolutely positioned
DIVs. It's a cinch when you can overlap your tables and text any way you
like. This method does create a lot of headaches though. It has no fluidity,
but it's an interesting challenge.

HTH

Perry Gerenday
www.virtually-artistic.com