[thelist] javascript question (easy?)

AtdtXav atdtxav at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 10:16:58 CST 2001

Hi :) -

how does one find an images absolute location (height,
specifically) on a page?

I was trying document.images[0].style.pixelTop, but unless I'm
running the function at the wrong time, it doesn't seem to be
working, just lists 0 when I writeln it.

Advice?

- Scott

PS the reason I'm doing this, if you missed my last message, is
I'm trying to detect the fact that quicktime is installed but
plugins are disabled.  There doesn't seem to be a hard and fast
way to do this, so I'm attempting to check for the position of
the images that would be underneath the large QT section.