[thelist] Watermark backgrounds and AOL

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Thu Dec 13 11:44:33 CST 2001

I've made a quick test on the image at hand and while I agree on the general
principle that images containing large areas of flat colour work best in GIF
format, the one at hand may work better as a JPG.

http://www.mark.ac/help/logo.gif  (3947 bytes)

http://www.mark.ac/help/logo.jpg (3898 bytes, saved with PS6.01 at 73%
quality, the best to get the file size the same as the GIF version)

Though the points about AOL's image compression are probably the answer
here, it may be worth looking at these two to see which is better.

Regards
Mark Howells
Working in a Winter Wonderland
http://www.mark.ac