[thelist] CSS Question

James Aylard jaylard at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 19:06:31 CST 2001

Burhan,

>Why does this not produce the desired result?

    What is the desired result? And what part of the desired result is not
working? What browser are you testing this in?

>Is is true that you can't have a class within a class? Any
>help/direction/insight would be appreciated.

    No. It doesn't matter (although I won't speak with any authority for
Netscape 4.x). A couple of brief comments on your CSS:

>.content {
>position:relative;
>width:auto;
>min-width:120px;
>margin:64px 210px 20px 170px;
>border:1px solid black;
>background-color:white;
>padding:10px;
>z-index:3;
>}

    min-width is not widely supported. And in this context, a width of auto
won't be of any value.

>div.row span.left {
>   float: left;
>   text-align: left;
>   color: #000;
>   }

    It may be more appropriate to use divs than spans, since spans are
supposed to be inline elements. But since this is just a snippet, the
context may not be clear.

James Aylard