[thelist] text-align:left and I.E. 6 (and now NN4.7)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 16 01:19:44 CST 2001

> From: "Sharon F. Malone" <sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com>
>
> Well, thought it was resolved. I.E. 5.5 and N6.1 just love it.
> However, NN4.7 doesn't recognize the inline style <.style="text-align:
> center">. So the remote CSS instructions are overriding it still. Even
> if I created two style sheets, I still need the inline instructions to
> override the remote file aligning the text left (to satisfy I.E. 6).
> Caught in a dilemma. Is there a way out?

stuff the text-align into a CSS file called via @import...

as it is, i tend to have a separate CSS file with all my line-height
attributes, as well as margin and other things that break NN4.x...
that file is then called via @import...  you can see this in action at
http://www.algonquinstudios.com/...

this way, NN4.x ignores all text-align (can't read CSS files called
via @import) properties and defers to HTML align attributes, but IE6
brings in the CSS called via @import and overrides the inline align
attributes...

dig?