[thelist] GD for PHP on windows

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Mon Dec 17 06:25:28 CST 2001

Mike King wrote:

> Isn't the latest release 4.1.0 ??
> (gd stuff is OK in it)

As I was sending it out, I thought to check the PHP site.  Only then did
I notice the new version.  Ooops :)

I know that when I was playing arrounf with GD for a project last year,
I needed to use a devlopment build of PHP to get the TTF / PNG stuff to
play nicely.  The project stalled and I never really bothered to follow
it up.  From memory the main cause was something to do with implementing
GD 2.0 into PHP and this cause some of the new features to go missing.
 Most of the original functionality should still have been there, I only
used it to load an image and insert text on it before sending it to the
browser.  I didn't really look too deeply into it once I got the code
working.

--
Michael Pemberton
mpember at phreaker.net