[thelist] Experience with Mydomain.com ?

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Dec 17 08:27:02 CST 2001

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any experience with http://mydomain.com ?

My situation .. a client purchased a domain name and I'm hosting it for him,
including email.  (I host all of my sites as a reseller, I have full control
over the hosting and email details for my clients.)   This client, has now
decided they want their web site to not exist anymore at the end of this
year.  They are closing the business and starting up a new one, and are
purchasing a new domain.

If I understand correctly, I can use the services provided by mydomain.com
to forward their email to their new address, without having to pay for
regular web hosting/email services?  Is this correct?  Any precautions I
need to know before I do this?  I don't want them to lose their email .. the
web site isn't as important.  At the same time, I don't want to say to them,
they should continue to pay me for web hosting, if there is a "free" option
available for them.

Thanks in advance,

Michele