[thelist] New Netscape 6 bug

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Mon Dec 17 09:20:00 CST 2001

<mozillarant>
That is of course if the your bug doesn't conflict with the Netscape guys
view of the world. I've seen too many bugs where the Netscape guys actually
insist that a bug is not a bug, and they continue to implement the incorrect
behavior. There still seems to be a large contingent of NS4.x devotees
developing Mozilla unfortunately. There is one bug that has to do with this
same overflow issue and scrolling, where the Mozilla developers are actually
arguing with Eric Arvidsson of WebFX about the proper interpretation of the
W3C standards. They just dont get it.
Hopefully after 1.0 sometime, control of Mozilla will be given to the open
source developers, until then it's going to have problems.
</mozillarant>

jon