[thelist] ASP blog-style news into an RDF file for syndication?

Ryan J. Markel markel at planetmarkel.com
Mon Dec 17 23:41:34 CST 2001

I'm trying to figure out how to take my ASP output and somehow twist it
into an RDF file I can host in order to syndicate the content of my
site.

I've been doing as much resource as possible on this, but about the only
thing I can find on RDF formatting is all sorts of useless (to me,
anyway) theorizing about the power of metadata and how it's going to
change my life, and maybe even get my site to operate my toaster through
XML, or something like that.

I've been looking for a *simple* way to get my site blog content and
output to an RDF file.  A *simple* rdf file.  The file at
http://slashdot.org/slashdot.rdf is a great example.

I've been pointed to a tutorial at Purple Pages for RSS creation, and a
site called ASPRSS or RSSASP - something like that - neither have been
extremely helpful.

(I'm on digest for now, so it might take some time for me to converse
with those who respond.)

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can float my way.

--ryan j. markel
markel at planetmarkel.com
http://planetmarkel.com

"Mind if I ask you a question?"
"Sure."
"Okay.  It's morning.  You're getting ready to go to work.  You pull on
your pants.  Do you fasten and then zip, or zip and then fasten?"
"What kind of a question is *that*?"

<*>