[thelist] New Site -

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 18 12:04:44 CST 2001

> From: Glenn Turner <gturner at ync.net>
[...]
> one quibble i have is the alert that pops up after idling for a period
> of time ... it's worded in a very cute way, but i don't think it's
> necessary and ultimately detracts from the experience.

yeah, that bugged the hell out of me...

after hunting for dealers, you present a little box (that i entered my
zip into) with an option to "close window," except after all the pop-
up windows i've seen, there's no new window, and the box isn't a
window, making me momentarily afraid i'd close the parent
window... the *real* window...

Design Evolution > Interior > Steering Wheel (damn, that's a bitch
to tell you how to get there...) > copy has an error (too bad i can't
cut-n-paste):

"...the two-spoke got the nod [IN] the new MINIs thanks to its..."

you need to insert the word "in" where i've got it above in the
square brackets...

i wish i could use my scrolly wheel in Flash...

photo galleries... i like how the photo strip at the bottom flies
around with the box... however, when i'm near the end photos,
sometimes it accelerates too quickly and i end up playing mouse
tennis for a second with the photo i want...

the little quotes during movie loads are a nice way to handle for a
horrible function of Flash on the web...

ok, gotta get back to work... enjoyed the site, still not sure *when*
in 2002 they're coming out, since in May i'm going car shopping...
i'd

IE5/win2k/Flash4