[thelist] PHP style question..

John Corry john at neoncowboy.com
Tue Dec 18 12:43:45 CST 2001

+1, though I'm a total newbie at programming and feel like I'm blindly
feelign my way at times.

I think the idea behind 'dynamic' logic or database driven sites is
ultimately to separate content from style. On a lower level, it gets to
where you're separating logic and functionality from formatting and
presentation.

I way prefer using includes to call common page elements (oooh, putting
inludes in if() blocks is REALLY cool!) than assigning them to variables to
print.

I guess (even though this has never actually happened to me) I'm trying to
set up my sites so that if I ever have to do a graphic redesign, all my code
(or most of it anyway) will still work.

There was a great article about this at PHP Builder a while back...
ah yes, here it is : http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/angus20010304.php3
Reading this stuff makes me feel like a real programmer :)

John Corry
Neon Cowboy Design