[thelist] Web to print solutions

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Tue Dec 18 21:01:19 CST 2001

> Am looking for semi-automated approaches. We can quite easily write
> programs to display exactly the data we need but how do we get it to
> print?
>
> I expect the right answer is to generate text files with style tags,
> that could be imported directly into Quark Xpress (perhaps via a
> plug-in to interpret the tagging?)
>
> Can anyone point me toward some solutions for this kind of thing?

Do some searches for "print on demand" and maybe get hooked up with one
of those companies to see if you can do what you want to do.

I think if your catalog does not look too slick that you could get away
with smaller solutions but if you want the catalog to look really put
together then you'll probably need to separate a bit between web and
print.

- amanda