[thelist] job opp. - madison, wi

phil crawford crawford_phil at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:52:50 CST 2001

The place I'm working at is looking for some contract programmers and
another project leader (which is what I do).  These are contract positions.
Time period is from Jan 20 till June 30, 2002 with possible extensions.

Two positions.  Web Developer($30/hr) and Project Leader($55/hr).  The $/hr
are for what will receive first consideration, not necessarily the max
amount.

Please contact me off list if you have interest.

crawford_phil at hotmail.com

Descriptions are as follows:

Web Developer
Project Description:
We seek experienced, full time, web developers to develop and test web based
applications using Visual Basic/ASP, SQL Server, and related web development
tools and products.  Our development environment is centered on Microsoft
IIS, ASP (VBScript), and SQL server.  All new development uses XML
extensively.  The selected contractors will work as a member of a team using
Microsoft Solutions Framework methodology.  Candidates with a thorough
understanding of the Microsoft web development environment, testing
techniques, Visual Studio 6.0, including Visual Basic, and SQL 7.0 as well
as a practical understanding of, and real experience with XML, including
XSL, XSLT, and the XML DOM will receive first consideration.

Skills
žAbility to communicate effectively with team members and persons outside of
the department
žExperience with TIFF, JPEG, and PDF images for document storage and
retrieval
žUnderstand Relational Databases and their use in Web applications
žAwareness of Browsers and Web Usability
žProblem Solving and Troubleshooting Existing Applications and Code
žExperience in developing and testing program code in a team environment
using the following languages and products:

Hardware/Software Environment:
Our environment consists of a mix of Windows NT and Windows 2000 servers and
desktops.  We use SQL Server as our database and Microsoft IIS as our
Internet server software

Knowledge/Languages
žVisual Basic/VB Script
žXML/XSLT
žMTS/COM+
žHTML
žASP
žSQL
žJavaScript
žCascading Style Sheets

Project Leader
Project Description
One or more experienced, full time, project leaders to lead a team of
software developers in building and maintaining a variety of applications.
These applications will be primarily web-based.  The selected contractor(s)
will work on the DFI site with the Applications Team supervisor and/or
Project Manager on coordinating and allocating resources to the projects
assigned to the Applications Team.  The development environment is centered
on Microsoft IIS, ASP (VBScript), and SQL server.  All new development uses
XML extensively. The selected contractor(s) will have successfully led
several projects of significant scope from vision through deployment and
stabilization.  Candidates with a thorough understanding of the Microsoft
web development environment, e-commerce development (SSL, Credit Card, ACH),
Visual Studio 6.0, including Visual Basic, and SQL 7.0 as well as a
practical understanding of, and real experience with XML, including XSL,
XSLT, and the XML DOM will receive first consideration.

Note:  This request is dependent on approval of funding.
[...]

-phil