[thelist] New Site -

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 19 09:18:02 CST 2001

> From: Matt <mspiegler at lightbulbpress.com>
[...]
> And I do think that its a pretty safe gamble to develop this
> particular site in Flash. The same people who would buy a Mini would
> also buy a Mac G4 Cube because of the way it looks, a $100 Italian
> citrus hand juicer because of the innovative design, and are probably
> enthusiastic users of Flash, Shockwave and all the other fun online
> technologies.

fwiw, i *do* think this site uses Flash well... i also suspect the
audience is probably Flash savvy...

however, as someone who is *very* interested in getting a Mini (i
hate SUVs and tend toward smaller cars that i can park anywhere),
i can tell you i bought a Dell for features (not a G4 cube, although
it's toaster-like design is cool), a $.49 juicer (it's a spigot i bought
in Maine 15 years ago), and i leave Flash and Shockwave (as well
as Java and sometimes JS) disabled by default in my browsers...

so, there is always a contingent of users that don't fit into that bell
curve, i just suspect for the Mini site, that bell curve is a good fit for
them...