[thelist] First frame kills quicktime - problem solved

AtdtXav atdtxav at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 10:20:42 CST 2001

You'll have to excuse me if you aren't interested, but I like to
share tiny little 'bugs' with evolt whenever I can, since you've
helped me so much in the past.

The background:
Two frames, each loading quicktime, top for nav, bottom for
content, different quicktime content on each page.
Through intermovie communication, the content bar changes the
nav location through gototime because the entire frameset is
loaded each time you change pages (our process allows each page
to be bookmarked).

The problem:
navbar changes (most of the time), and most content movies don't
load on most pages.

Our checks:
Removed absolutely everything from the content page except an
object/embed, and then tried object alone and embed alone.  Same
problem.

Solution:
the navbar gototime reference in the content movie was in the
first frame.  For some reason quicktime assumed that at that
point, you didn't want to go ANY FURTHER in the movie.  We
solved this simply by moving the gototime in to say "frame 5".
With this tiny change, .... everything works.

- Scott
http://spork.ofdoom.com/skd

PS if you'd like to see the site I've been working on (just
contract for code corrections/adjustments, I had nothing to do
with the site design), check out http://www.playboxmedia.com .
The site is pretty stunning with what it can do with QT, QTVR,
flash-in-QT, and some other multimedia fun.