[thelist] Prosecutions for Internet Libel / Defamation?

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Fri Dec 21 11:36:08 CST 2001

Hey kids --

I'm curious if anyone knows of successful prosecutions for internet
libel and defamation? Particularly in open internet discussion forums
like usenet, mailing lists, chat rooms, message boards. Background
information on libel itself would be helpful as well - online
(references, cases, news items) and offline (books, consultants,
lawyers) versions as well. I'm in the USA, so examples under US law
are most pertinent. But international cases would be interesting as well.

Thanks!

        - Joe
--
Joe Crawford, web journeyman, San Diego CA USA ======================