[thelist] Prosecutions for Internet Libel / Defamation?

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Sat Dec 22 11:11:17 CST 2001

Chris Blessing wrote:
> There was one recently incident on vwvortex.com
> that got national attention. Check it out here:

> Of course we all realize if they win this, we can
> basically kiss freedom of speech as we know it
> good bye (which sucks, to say the least).  May I
> ask why you're so interested in this subject?

Other links I've collected so far include:
<http://designforcommunity.com/conversations/messages.pl/showThread?id=53>
<http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/morris-2000-01-p5.html>

As for the need -- well, let's say I may have need for a defense at some
point, and that I'd like to collect examples of claims of
libel/defamation. So far it seems like my exposure is terribly minimal,
and I look forward to smiting those who would come after me should they
attempt to strike.

That said, I don't think they will. :-\

Thanks for those who have helped so far!

Best,
	Joe
--
Joe Crawford, web journeyman, San Diego CA USA ======================