[thelist] DW4 & SSI -- root relative links not working correctly?

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Dec 26 15:21:18 CST 2001

>i need to create one file that will work anywhere in the website

I guess I may have misunderstood what your trying to do.  Just to clarify,
do I understand that you have several sub directories, each with a home.html
and your trying to make an SSI specific to linking to one main home page
from each of the home.html?

Are you trying to do something like I have here on www.calvarylargo.org ,
look at the text links in each page at the bottom.

If your including a SSI, make sure that the pages your including it on have
an .shtml extension. When you preview in browser mode locally, you won't see
the SSI so you may want to upload a page or two to the server and test it.
If your coding in the correct path for your link, it should work from
anywhere in the site.

Are you naming your home page as "home.html" or "index.html"?

I hope this has been somewhat helpful,

Bob

---